Singapore welcomes the second casino on April 27th with the official opening of Marina Bay Sands (MBS) at a locally auspicious time of 3:18PM. The number 8 sounds like prosperity when translated in Chinese.
What Have Opened On April 27th ?
- the casino,
- 963 hotel rooms (out of 2,560),
- some of the restaurants,
- a portion of the shopping area,
- events plaza,
- exhibition center
- remaining hotel rooms and suites, sky-park and more shops to open on June 23,
- a museum, theaters and other stores will start operating in the later part of the year.
- for more details, visit “Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort Plans To Open In Phases From 27th April 2010“
Due to repeated delays, MBS finally opened its door yesterday which was originally set to open at the end of 2009. The delays are results of several factors including labor and material shortages and financial problems due to global economic downturn. It has been designed to cater for the corporate and convention crowd.
Tourists might be keen to find out more about the tourist attractions around Marina Bay Sands.
Visit our main page Singapore Integrated Resorts, Casinos and Hotels for more information.
Remember to subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive the latest news and updates.