Last Updated: 30th January 2012
1. What Are The Different Types Of Casino Exclusion?
There are 3 types of casino exclusion,
- Self-exclusion – Allows you to exclude yourself from entering the casinos in Singapore,
- Family-exclusion – Allows immediate family members (e.g. spouses, children, parents or siblings, including adopted or step relations) to exclude someone from entering the casinos.
- Third-party exclusion – An automatic exclusion applicable for those with undischarged bankrupts, or receiving financial aids from the government.
2. How and Where To Apply For Self-Exclusion?
For Singaporeans or Permanent Residents:
With effect from 26th Nov 2009, you may apply for self-exclusion using your SingPass here.
You may apply for self-exclusion in person at the following locations,
A) NCPG (National Council on Problem Gambling) office, SLF Building
Address: 510, Thomson Rd, #12-05/06, Singapore 298137
B) MWC (Migrant Workers Centre)
Address: 62, Rangoon Road, Singapore 218352 (near the exit of Farrer Park MRT Station)
Contact: 65-6536-2692 (Tel) 65-6292-5305 (Fax)
If you are not able to be there in person, you may download the foreigner self-exclusion form here and fill in all your particulars, attach a copy of your passport with passport number visible, your foreigner ID card (if available) with FIN (Foreigner Identification Number) visible, to your application form, and send the completed forms either by registered post, or by hand to NCPG office.
3. How and Where To Apply For Family Exclusion?
For family exclusions, family members or applicants may apply by calling Tanjong Pagar FSC (Family Service Centre) at 65-6593-6489. Or, you may make in person at the centre which is located at 298, Tiong Bahru Road, #03-06, Central Plaza, Singapore 168730 (above Tiong Bahru MRT Station).
For Third-Party Exclusion, there is no need for you to apply since the exclusion is automatic if the criteria are met as explained above.
How Can I Help My Foreign Workers To Apply For Voluntary Self-Exclusion If I Am An Employer?
Employers can now login to the Ministry of Manpower’s WPOL (Work Permit On Line) System using their SingPass to help their foreign workers to apply for voluntary self-exclusion. Check out here for more details or you may call 65-6258-6311 between Monday to Friday 9:00AM – 5.30PM to make further enquiries.
How Can I Help My Foreign Domestic Workers To Apply For Voluntary Self-Exclusion If I Am An Employer?
Employers can now apply for FDW voluntary self-exclusion online using SingPass, or print out and complete the hard copy forms if they do not have SingPass. More details can be found here.
How Can I Check My Exclusion Status?
It is now possible to check your exclusion status using your SingPass here. However, you need to note that the status reflected only shows NCPG knowledge of your status at the time of checking. For status changes to be made known to all the casinos in Singapore as well as other relevant authorities, you have to wait up to 48 hours.
How Can I Lift My Casino Exclusion In Singapore?
To lift or terminate your casino exclusion, you may have to contact NCPG at 1800-6668-668 to make an appointment with the officer-in-charge for assistance.
You may visit our main page Singapore Integrated Resorts, Resort Casinos and Resort Hotels for further Singapore Integrated Resorts and Casino news, updates and guides.
Also do not forget to:-
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive our latest news and updates,
- Become our Facebook fan or follow us on Twitter,
- Visit the Marina Bay Sands official website to the latest news and events.